Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Words of Wisdom Wednesday

Dr. Neil DeGrasse Tyson, an astrophysicist and one of the most brilliant people I've ever heard speak, was asked by a TIMES reader,  "What is the most astounding fact you can share with us about the universe?"

Watch this. And your mind will be blown. 


"Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted."


"The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. The brick walls are there to stop people who don't want it badly enough."
~Randy Pausch


“But you see," said Roark quietly, "I have, let’s say, sixty years to live. Most of that time will be spent working. I’ve chosen the work I want to do. If I find no joy in it, then I’m only condemning myself to sixty years of torture. And I can find the joy only if I do my work in the best way possible to me. But the best is a matter of standards—and I set my own standards. I inherit nothing. I stand at the end of no tradition. I may, perhaps, stand at the beginning of one.” 


"So that when I look up at the night sky, and I know that, yes, we are part of this universe, we are in this universe, but perhaps more important than both of those facts, is that the universe is in us."

Again. Boggles my mind. 


“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.” 

I'm leaving you today with two more videos, and if you watch both, perhaps not at the same time, but even if just throughout the day or the next week or even the next month, I guarantee you will be just as moved as I was. 



*m

No comments:

Post a Comment