Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Feminine Functionality

Oh, hello there chair of my dreams. Correction: entire desk of my dreams. Not too cluttered, and not too minimalist to the point where if I left an eraser at a forty-five degree angle the world would implode. 

The collection of logs adds a very "rugged but still totally feminine getaway" look. That's a term, right?

Oh, ho, ho! Deja vu! I love seeing how a bedroom fits into the rest of its home.

Yet another fur throw! I'd get along with this girl for sure. And would ya look at that painting, it blows me away. So much warmth and emotion.

I can already envision myself groggily stumbling in, and just instantly be perked up with this amount of light. Even if it were rainy, I feel like the colour of the wall, although dark, is actually quite comforting. Kind of wraps you up in its comforting hue.


I love when a home strikes the right balance between making a statement and actual practicality, so that you can really imagine yourself living there. I know I'm not alone when I say that I can easily see myself working away at that luxuriously comfortable desk, or curled up with a fur throw in the inviting living room (because let's be honest, fur throws are something of a staple in this house). 

Sometimes though, practicality can be interpreted as completely minimalist, when it's just bare white walls, dramatically high ceilings, with a single navy couch in the middle of the room and a stainless steel encased fireplace, maybe a red tricycle in the corner for a statement. But, I really can't see myself living in a place like that. Because although you could say that minimalism is the height of functionality, we're all human, and we need comfort, too.

That said, I understand that some people would want total and complete minimalism because that is what they find comforting in itself. Just my two cents.

*m

No comments:

Post a Comment